Cathy is back with another Solo Episode, but this time things are a little different. Listen in as she walks you through her current favourite books that will help inspire, motivate, and educate every Allied Health business owner at any point in their business journey.
Cathy shares a range of books that you can get your hands on, each one with its own impact on either your professional life, personal life, or even both. There are also plenty of topics to choose from, including leadership, technology, Aboriginal culture, and more.
Here is a full list of the books mentioned – check them out for yourself and listen to the episode for more of Cathy’s commentary on each book!
- Is Technology Making Us Sick? – By Ian Douglas
Explores the impact of the increased use of technology in everyday life on society.
- How to Bullet Plan: A Practical Guide – By Rachel Wilkerson Miller
Easy tips, setting up a gratitude list, a “new word list”, and recording your wins.
- Land of All – By Sally Gabori
A collection of her artworks and some stories about her life.
- The First Two Hours: Make Better Use of Your Most Valuable Time – By Donna McGeorge
How to make the most of your day – two hours at a time.
- The A-Z of Service Excellence – By Cate Schreck
Refreshing your customer service skills.
- The Life Plan – By Shannah Kennedy
Living with purpose and achieving your life goals with a step-by-step strategy.
- The Glucose Revolution – By Jessie Inchauspé
Improving energy management and cognitive focus.
- 555 Powerful Questions for Coaching, Leading and Mentoring at Work – By Mauricio Vasquez
Helps you question yourself and dive deeper into your leadership skills.
- Welcome to My Country
A wonderful book that recounts an Aboriginal community in Arnhem Land.
- Women and Leadership: Real Lives, Real Lessons – By Julia Gillard and Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
Includes facts and figures about women in leadership around the world, and challenging the findings.
- Welcome to Country: A Travel Guide to Indigenous Australia – Marcia Langton
Covers the states, questions to ask, assumptions, profiles Indigenous storytellers and activists, and provides brief relevant histories that everyone should know about.
- Atomic Habits: Tiny Changes, Remarkable Results – By James Clear
Sustaining little changes that have a cumulative effect on how you live your life.
What have you been reading lately? Share your favourite reads in the comments!
- Episode 14: [Approaching Work & Life 2 Hours at a Time]
Connect with Cathy Love
- Visit Cathy’s Website
- Follow Cathy on Instagram (@nacre_consulting)
- Connect with Cathy on Facebook
- Connect with Cathy on LinkedIn
Connect with Nacre Consulting:
- Join the Accelerator Mastermind
- Complete the Allied Health Biz Quiz
- Let’s connect on Instagram
- Follow us on Facebook
- Let’s connect on LinkedIn
- Join our Facebook Group online community
More about The Private Practice Made Perfect Show:
The Private Practice Made Perfect podcast is a much loved conversation for those wanting to hear real life Australian Allied Health business stories, adventures and the occasional confession.
The outstanding guest list includes business owners and wonderful small business supporters such as accountants, marketers, bookkeepers, IT wizards, virtual assistants, lawyers and more.
As you know, it takes a village to run a business. Cathy gathers the tribe, captures the collective wisdom and conveniently delivers it to your earbuds.
All episodes are chatty, honest and practical… warning… we often stray from the topic, talk of wine and laugh loudly.