If there was ever a time to get out a pen and paper to jot some notes down, it’s right now. So before you keep reading or listen to this episode, get ready for some good old-fashioned note-taking.
There isn’t enough celebration going on. Even though 2021 has had its own challenges, I want you to think about how you acknowledge what you’ve achieved, and how you celebrate what you’ve achieved. Where do you dig and harvest inspiration? Are you building in enough time to ponder and actively reflect?
- What will you be celebrating in 2021? Think about your small, medium, and large memories. Activate those memories and mine for those gold nuggets that were brought to us in 2021.
- Next let’s think about the power of the pause. Often times, we have to schedule our pauses. When do you build in a pause across the day? Sometimes you have to stop in order to start again.
- Across the last 12 months, who are the people, events, places that have inspired you? Identify those sources of inspiration.
- Now let’s check in on the events that have activated you. Whether that be international, national, local – what has motivated you?
- We also consider any places that energise. Where do you go to feel refreshed and revitalise?
- Another important element is about capturing powerful insights. Whether they’re positive, negative, or interesting. What have been your biggest personal insights, triumphs, learnings, or flearnings that you’ve had across this year? What have been your steepest business learnings this year? In what ways have you contributed to your local community?
- Lastly, let’s celebrate remarkable impact. How have you had a positive impact on those around you this year?
Kudos to each and every one of you for all the hard work you’ve put in this year. Let’s see what 2022 has in store. By my calculations, the best is yet to come.
“Celebrate what you want to see more of.”