My superstar guest this week is the founding director of Pro-Assist, Karina Follent. After embarking on her journey as a virtual assistant and finding that the market was peppered with talent and often hard to break into, she stumbled on her niche. Commencing work with a physiotherapist she discovered the lack of support available in the virtual space for allied health professionals. Thus, Pro-Assist was born.
Pro-Assist is a VA service for allied health professionals. Pro-Assist is a team that enables business automation, development of a customer service model and business efficiency by taking on those nagging day-to-day tasks. Now 2 years into her business, Karina’s business has grown to a team and a very healthy client base. If you are a business owner looking to be more efficient in the administrative space and get back to focusing on your clients, you do not want to miss this conversation!
We also get to talking about:
- The processes and systems that private practices can automate
- Onboarding the right VA and establishing the relationship between practitioner and assistant
- The opportunities that the VA investment presents
- Client transformations – the difference a good night’s sleep can make and what a good VA can deliver
- The flexible business model – pay for what you use
- Creation and curation of social media content – getting to know your audience
- Social media scheduling tools, she reveals her favorite
- Who is on the Pro-Assist team
- Her opinion of practice management software
- The considerations that should be made when choosing a practice management software
- The lack of affordable support for allied health professionals in the virtual assistance space
- How she learnt about the business of business
- Books and blogs that she loves to binge
- Why you’re never too small to get a VA
- Her client list and what specialties it includes
- Tailoring your service to fit your business size
- What she would do with the business cash injection
- Her great question for me!