Today in the podcast we talk with Madeline Avci, an occupational therapist and founder of Jump Up for Kids.
Jump Up for Kids is a specialised child-centered development service that supports children through their programs, Jump Up Therapy and Jump Up Outdoors.
Jump Up Therapy is Occupational Therapy that provides support, knowledge, skills, and abilities to parents and children in a positive and strengths-focused way for the management of their future development.
Jump Up Outdoors offers fun, exciting and imaginative outdoor play opportunities for children with a focus on the development of the whole child.
What is covered in this episode:
- Humble beginnings of her private practice
- People working with and helping Madeline run her business
- Description and benefits of OT outdoor play through the Jump Up Outdoor Program
- The beauty of the natural environment and its effect on kids development and learning
- Interest coming from different people and sectors and partnering with them
- Learnings over the years about finding, training and retaining great teammates and how a strengths-based approach has worked well for them
- The expertise of the Jump Up team
- Madeline’s work week and how she juggles clinical, management, marketing, and other business priorities
- Madeline’s proudest business moments
- Plans for Jump Up Kids Therapy and Outdoors in the next 2-3 years
- Discussion of Cliniko, a practice management software, and how it helps their business
- Preparation for NDIS
- Cathy’s recommendation for a practice management software
- Madeline’s thoughts on matching childhood development and health with activities to help children grow