In one of the most value-packed episodes yet, I’m joined by Natasha Hawker, Managing Director at Employee Matters, as she shares endless tips, statistics, and insights on recruitment and retention that all allied health business owners need to hear.
Natasha discusses her observations of the workforce in the last five years, explaining why the applicant market is the tightest she’s seen in 27 years. She shares the three things employees prioritise when considering a new role, the importance of an Employee Value Proposition (EVP) for every business, and why you should be investing in yourself as well as your employees when it comes to skill sets. You’ll even hear her tips on how you can sharpen your interviewing skills.
Topics covered on recruitment and retention, an Employee Value Proposition (EVP), and upskilling yourself and your employees:
- Top three things that employees prioritise when they consider a new job, and why the applicant market is the tightest it’s ever been in 27 years.
- Why you need to identify your EVP and the 5 main categories you need to know to understand how to put your business above your competitors.
- Why you need to invest in upskilling your managing skills and your employee’s skills to broaden skill sets.
- Purchase Natasha Hawker’s book ‘From Hire to Fire & Everything in Between’
- Where are you now? Video to assess where your business sits now and where you might be aiming to get to.
- Recruitment Genius Model
- Employee Value Proposition – EVP video
Connect with Hannah Dunn
- Visit Natasha Hawker’s Website
- Visit the Employee Matters Website
- Connect with Natasha Hawker on LinkedIn
- Follow Natasha Hawker on Twitter
- Follow Natasha Hawker on Facebook
- Tune into Natasha Hawker’s Podcast, Employees Matter Podcast
Connect with Nacre Consulting:
- Join the Accelerator Mastermind
- Complete the Allied Health Biz Quiz
- Let’s connect on Instagram
- Follow us on Facebook
- Let’s connect on LinkedIn
- Join our Facebook Group online community
More about The Private Practice Made Perfect Show:
The Private Practice Made Perfect podcast is a much loved conversation for those wanting to hear real life Australian Allied Health business stories, adventures and the occasional confession.
The outstanding guest list includes business owners and wonderful small business supporters such as accountants, marketers, bookkeepers, IT wizards, virtual assistants, lawyers and more.
As you know, it takes a village to run a business. Cathy gathers the tribe, captures the collective wisdom and conveniently delivers it to your earbuds.
All episodes are chatty, honest and practical… warning… we often stray from the topic, talk of wine and laugh loudly.