Are you looking after yourself as well as you should be? This week I’m joined by Jo Muirhead – Founder and CEO of Purple Co. You’ll hear Jo share her journey starting Purple Co during the global financial crisis, to keeping the business afloat during her battle with cancer.
As we discuss what it means to thrive in adversity, you’ll hear why Jo doesn’t like being referred to as an “inspiration”, as well as her thoughts on allied health professionals and tackling (or more-so preventing) burnout. We take a deep-dive into personal wellness and its importance, practising what you preach as a health professional, overcoming denial, and so much more.
Topics covered on managing burnout:
- Overcoming denial
- Taking control of your health
- Prevention vs. damage control
Connect with Jo Muirhead
- Connect with Jo Muirhead on LinkedIn
- Follow Jo Muirhead on Instagram @jo_muirhead
- Connect with Jo Muirhead on Facebook
- Visit Jo Muirhead’s website
Connect with Nacre Consulting:
- Join the Accelerator Mastermind
- Complete the Allied Health Biz Quiz
- Let’s connect on Instagram
- Follow us on Facebook
- Let’s connect on LinkedIn
- Join our Facebook Group online community
More about The Private Practice Made Perfect Show:
The Private Practice Made Perfect podcast is a much loved conversation for those wanting to hear real life Australian Allied Health business stories, adventures and the occasional confession.
The outstanding guest list includes business owners and wonderful small business supporters such as accountants, marketers, bookkeepers, IT wizards, virtual assistants, lawyers and more.
As you know, it takes a village to run a business. Cathy gathers the tribe, captures the collective wisdom and conveniently delivers it to your earbuds.
All episodes are chatty, honest and practical… warning… we often stray from the topic, talk of wine and laugh loudly.