Carly Macleay – Team Leader, Occupational Therapist, and Rehab Case Manager at Wise OT Solutions – joins the PPMP Podcast to discuss her role and learnings. She shares the story of taking the leap with Liz Brownlee (Director at Wise OT Solutions), as well as trends she’s noticed about the landscape of the Allied Health industry across the years.
When it comes to her role as Team Leader, Carly chats about her three main focuses, formal training, and the importance of being values-driven. She also talks about the differences between leadership and management, as well as what her team has taught her across the years.
Topics covered on Carly’s role as a Team Leader, the differences between leadership and management, and learning from her team:
- How genuinely caring for your team makes you a great leader, her three main focuses, formal training, and the importance of being a values-driven business.
- How management is procedural and operational, modelling the basic skills from managing to become a better leader, and how leadership is about making things cohesive and creating harmony.
- Learning from reviewing her team’s reports, being about to lead yourself before you lead others, learning to embrace everyone’s differences, and using the Wealth Dynamic Profiles to learn more about each other.
- Episode 42: [Managing an Occupational Therapy Business with Liz Brownlee]
Connect with Carly Macleay
- Visit Wise OT Solutions’ Website
- Follow Carly and Wise OT Solutions on Instagram (@carly_macleay) (@wiseotsolutions)
- Connect with Carly on Facebook
- Connect with Carly on LinkedIn
Connect with Nacre Consulting:
- Join the Accelerator Mastermind
- Complete the Allied Health Biz Quiz
- Let’s connect on Instagram
- Follow us on Facebook
- Let’s connect on LinkedIn
- Join our Facebook Group online community
Upskill your Practice Manager here.
More about The Private Practice Made Perfect Show:
The Private Practice Made Perfect podcast is a much loved conversation for those wanting to hear real life Australian Allied Health business stories, adventures and the occasional confession.
The outstanding guest list includes business owners and wonderful small business supporters such as accountants, marketers, bookkeepers, IT wizards, virtual assistants, lawyers and more.
As you know, it takes a village to run a business. Cathy gathers the tribe, captures the collective wisdom and conveniently delivers it to your earbuds.
All episodes are chatty, honest and practical… warning… we often stray from the topic, talk of wine and laugh loudly.