In this episode, we talk to Nardine Presland, Member Development Adviser of ESSA.
ESSA is the Exercise & Sports Science Australia is a professional organisation that establishes, promotes and defends the career paths of tertiary trained exercise and sports science practitioners.
What is covered in this episode:
- What is ESSA?
- 4 professions covered by ESSA, their accreditations, services, and differences
- Number of members and practicing exercise physiologists at present
- The services offered by exercise physiologists in the NDIS and NDIA
- Trend on private practice with exercise physiologists and scientists
- Exercise psychologists working with families and children
- Employing exercise physiologists and their pay
- Professional development investment activities needed for engaging exercise physiologists and scientists
- Insurance for exercise professionals
- The future of ESSA and its members in the next 5 years
- The roles and services exercise professionals can bring in when working with children, teens, and people with different abilities
- Exercise physiologists working with children and teens with autism and the neurodisability space
- The Exercise Right Awareness Campaign
- Insight and take away from the podcast episode