This Solo Episode features Cathy as she shares her thoughts on how to build a successful Allied Heath team. It’s a question that often excites her, as it means the business is ready to grow and flourish.
You’ll hear as she discusses why the word “team” is preferred as opposed to “staff”, as well as the importance of investing your time in working with an HR professional to understand position descriptions and contracts. She also talks in-depth about independent contractors versus employees, including what you need to look out for – plus she covers a key piece on casual employees as well.
Topics covered on building a team and not staff, the model of engagement for recruitment, and getting HR advice:
- Jeremy Streten’s helpful book The Business Legal Lifecycle (see link below), the differences between “staff” and “team”, and building a team on the admin front.
- A VA as an alternative, and the key differences you need to know between independent contractors and employees.
- Being HR smart, investing in time working with an HR professional, and investing in your leadership and management knowledge.
- Jeremy Stratten’s Book – The Business Legal Lifestyle: How to Successfully Navigate Your Way from Start Up to Success
- Episode 228: [Managing Fear and Legal Preparedness]
Connect with Cathy Love
- Visit Cathy’s Website
- Follow Cathy on Instagram (@nacre_consulting)
- Connect with Cathy on Facebook
- Connect with Cathy on LinkedIn
Connect with Nacre Consulting:
- Join the Accelerator Mastermind
- Complete the Allied Health Biz Quiz
- Let’s connect on Instagram
- Follow us on Facebook
- Let’s connect on LinkedIn
- Join our Facebook Group online community
More about The Private Practice Made Perfect Show:
The Private Practice Made Perfect podcast is a much loved conversation for those wanting to hear real life Australian Allied Health business stories, adventures and the occasional confession.
The outstanding guest list includes business owners and wonderful small business supporters such as accountants, marketers, bookkeepers, IT wizards, virtual assistants, lawyers and more.
As you know, it takes a village to run a business. Cathy gathers the tribe, captures the collective wisdom and conveniently delivers it to your earbuds.
All episodes are chatty, honest and practical… warning… we often stray from the topic, talk of wine and laugh loudly.