When was the last time you reviewed your business values? Do they truly align with what you want to represent? Here to help you understand how to navigate your values is Laura Jean – Facilitator at Dietician Values. Laura bridges the gap for health professionals between bringing the values they practice as a clinician into how they do business.
After sharing her experience as a clinician and now business owner, Laura then discusses values and how businesses can (and should) be doing things differently. She chats about having aspirational values, why there is no end goal, how “wrong” values can lead to burnout, and why it’s important to have values-based action statements to define your values.
Laura also discusses the sustainability of humans, curiosity, and the significance of taking the opportunity to make different choices in your career.
Topics covered on values, sustainable humans working in business, and curiosity:
- Redefining the term “values”, going beyond the stereotypical values many organisations use that create a disconnect, using values as a business tool, and how often you should be revisiting your values.
- Knowing humans are universal, working through burnout and fatigue, and taking time to reconsider and slow down.
- Thinking about the possibilities, not being afraid to take the leap and do things differently, and taking the opportunity to make different choices.
Connect with Laura
- Visit Laura’s Website
- Follow Laura on Instagram (@dieticianvalues)
- Connect with Karl on Facebook
- Connect with Laura on LinkedIn
- Tune into Laura’s Podcast (Dietician Values)
Connect with Nacre Consulting:
- Join the Accelerator Mastermind
- Complete the Allied Health Biz Quiz
- Let’s connect on Instagram
- Follow us on Facebook
- Let’s connect on LinkedIn
- Join our Facebook Group online community
More about The Private Practice Made Perfect Show:
The Private Practice Made Perfect podcast is a much loved conversation for those wanting to hear real life Australian Allied Health business stories, adventures and the occasional confession.
The outstanding guest list includes business owners and wonderful small business supporters such as accountants, marketers, bookkeepers, IT wizards, virtual assistants, lawyers and more.
As you know, it takes a village to run a business. Cathy gathers the tribe, captures the collective wisdom and conveniently delivers it to your earbuds.
All episodes are chatty, honest and practical… warning… we often stray from the topic, talk of wine and laugh loudly.