Join me for a cup-of-coffee kind of chat with this week’s guest, Dr. Linda Wilson. She’s a Stress Management Specialist and Practice Director, but most of all, she’s simply an amazing woman. You’ll hear Dr. Linda share her journey from the very beginning on what led her to the stress-management space, before we take a deep dive into mental health, wellbeing and self-care for business owners.
Dr. Linda discusses the repercussions of the pandemic, looking after others whilst giving yourself the same attention and support, and biohacking your diet and mental health. She also shares her thoughts on Andrew Huberman’s research on gut health, and the translation of neuroscience to everyday life. There is an immense amount of golden nuggets in this conversation, and stay tuned to the end for her invaluable words of wisdom for all Allied Health business owners.
Topics covered on the repercussions of the pandemic, self-care, and biohacking and the role of dopamine:
- Observations on how humans have traversed post-pandemic and functioned under pressure, being responsible for the emotional wellbeing of her team, and the challenges that have come from lack of availability of practitioners.
- How she brings self-care and wellness to her team, being supportive and creating room to move, leading by example, redefining the term ‘work-life balance’, and why she prefers the term ‘mind-flow’ rather than ‘mindset’.
- Hacking your diet to support cognitive clarity, energy, and sleep, dopamine and its importance in basic functioning, and the evolution of western science.
Connect with Dr. Linda Wilson
- Visit Dr. Linda’s Website
- Connect with Dr. Linda on Facebook
- Follow Dr. Linda on Twitter
- Follow Dr. Linda on Instagram (@drstressless)
Connect with Nacre Consulting:
- Join the Accelerator Mastermind
- Complete the Allied Health Biz Quiz
- Let’s connect on Instagram
- Follow us on Facebook
- Let’s connect on LinkedIn
- Join our Facebook Group online community
More about The Private Practice Made Perfect Show:
The Private Practice Made Perfect podcast is a much loved conversation for those wanting to hear real life Australian Allied Health business stories, adventures and the occasional confession.
The outstanding guest list includes business owners and wonderful small business supporters such as accountants, marketers, bookkeepers, IT wizards, virtual assistants, lawyers and more.
As you know, it takes a village to run a business. Cathy gathers the tribe, captures the collective wisdom and conveniently delivers it to your earbuds.
All episodes are chatty, honest and practical… warning… we often stray from the topic, talk of wine and laugh loudly.