Starting a business takes a lot of planning, business learning and leadership skills to be able to thrive and survive.
Lize Roos, Occupational Therapist and Director of Building Blocks Therapy, tells us the story of how her private practice started and what she has done to grow her business and lead her current team of 19 people. Starting her practice from her humble home, she has since moved to a better and bigger clinic space to accommodate her growing number of clients and team members.
Lize shares the lessons she has learned, the business challenges she’s gone through and her top tips for start-ups who want to open a private practice.
- The early days and growth of Building Blocks Therapy.
- The steps she took to fast-track her business learning.
- Developing her leadership skills and the most enjoyable things she finds about leading a team.
- Their organisational culture and her secret to making people move forward with you.
- The challenges of running a team of 19 people.
- Lize shares her typical week at work.
- Getting referrals, regaining, and reconnecting patients with marketing.
- What the NDIS brought about in her business.
- Preparing for audit from a business point of view.
- The lessons that her business adventure has taught her.
- The future for Building Blocks Therapy.
- A glimpse on her business planning activities.
- The unique traits of her business.
- Cathy’s business challenges and how she overcame them.
- Lize’s suggestions for start-ups wanting to open a private practice.