Most businesses may feel that transitioning from sole trader to a company can mean lots of work and sacrifices. But Jessica Rodgers, Occupational Therapist and Director of Explore and Soar, tells us how this transition has helped and changed her business for the better.
Explore and Soar is a mobile based business made up of occupational therapists who work with communities to support families and kids. They offer a range of services in the Hunter Valley, Newcastle and Muswellbrook regions.
- A little background on Explore and Soar, the people behind it, and how they’re making the business work so well.
- The goals behind their upcoming team retreat.
- Their process of communicating with team members despite not being together all the time.
- A sneak peek on how the business looked in July 2018.
- The interesting story of their transition from sole trader to a proprietary limited trading company.
- The audit process the company went through during the transition and the benefits it brought to her business.
- Jessica’s motivation to keep the energy in the documentation policy procedure compliance.
- Ongoing obligations on the audit process for her company.
- Jessica’s strengths as a business owner and how she encourages her therapists to take on the same spirit.
- The unique point of Engage and Soar.
- How Jessica gets things done in her personal and professional life.
- Exciting plans for the business within the next 12 months.
- Jess’ message for new business owners.