In this episode of the PPMP Podcast, Dave Jereb, the Founding Director of MoveAbout, joins the conversation to share his journey and insights as an Allied Health business owner. You’ll hear Dave paint a picture of MoveAbout, including his shift to the Central Coast, and the importance of knowing what he wanted his legacy to be.
Dave then discusses the idea of creating pathways to establish flexibility in the workplace, as well as a piece on intrapreneurship, being values-driven in your business and its advantages, and how new graduates can prevent early burnout. Dave also shares his thoughts on resilience and why he gives his team permission to fail.
Topics covered on intrapreneurship, being values-driven, and preventing early-career burnout:
- What intrapreneurship means to him, the importance of taking risks, employees treating the business like their own, and having a profit-sharing framework and how it works.
- Being protective of the business, supporting the people who support the kids in Allied Health, and knowing that your vision and values lead to success.
- Realising you have the control, investing in yourself, knowing the differences between caseloads and KPIs, and understanding and overcoming compassion fatigue.
Connect with Dave Jereb
- Visit Dave’s Website
- Follow Dave on Instagram (@davejereb_ot and @moveabout.ot)
- Connect with Dave on Facebook
- Connect with Dave on LinkedIn (Dave’s Personal & MoveAbout)
- Follow Dave on Twitter (@davejereb)
- Check out Dave’s YouTube
Connect with Nacre Consulting:
- Join the Accelerator Mastermind
- Complete the Allied Health Biz Quiz
- Let’s connect on Instagram
- Follow us on Facebook
- Let’s connect on LinkedIn
- Join our Facebook Group online community
More about The Private Practice Made Perfect Show:
The Private Practice Made Perfect podcast is a much loved conversation for those wanting to hear real life Australian Allied Health business stories, adventures and the occasional confession.
The outstanding guest list includes business owners and wonderful small business supporters such as accountants, marketers, bookkeepers, IT wizards, virtual assistants, lawyers and more.
As you know, it takes a village to run a business. Cathy gathers the tribe, captures the collective wisdom and conveniently delivers it to your earbuds.
All episodes are chatty, honest and practical… warning… we often stray from the topic, talk of wine and laugh loudly.