Instagram – The Easy Way To Use It For Your Business
15th May 2017
Guest Writer – Emma Samia
Do you dream of being able to plan and schedule your Instagram posts? If you are like me and thought the only way to post to Instagram was to post directly through the app, you are mistaken. There is a whole world of scheduling tools for Instagram out there, just like there is for other social media platforms, including Hootsuite, Onlypult and Tailwind. We have stumbled across a particular program called Later.
How does it work? Later is a simple scheduling and managing tool for Instagram. It lets you plan your content, grow your audience, and share your photos and videos. According to the Later website: “Instagram is different from most other social networks because it doesn’t allow other apps to automatically post for you. In order to actually post to Instagram, you need to have access to a mobile phone or tablet with the Instagram app. Any app that says they automatically post to Instagram for you is violating Instagram’s terms of service, so use them at your own risk!”
Why we recommend Later:
• Ease of use,
• There is a “Free Plan” which allows 30 free posts each month – plan up to one month in advance at a time,
• “Search and Repost” – share your favourite posts from other Instagram users,
• Simplicity of scheduling – a notification gets sent to your mobile after you have scheduled your post, once you open the notification Later automatically sends your post to Instagram and copies your pre-written caption. Just hit “paste” and you are done!
• “Media Library” – upload, store and manage all of your photos and videos across any device,
• Linkin.bio (paid feature from $19/month) – a landing page that resembles your Instagram feed and displays your posts as clickable images. No longer do you only have the option of displaying one link in your profile as each image becomes a clickable link driving more traffic your way.
Useful tips when using Instagram for business:
• Use relevant #hashtags to expand your reach – by including hashtags on every post, we have increased the number of likes, comments, and followers in a short period of time. Check out http://hashtagify.me/,
• Update the clickable link in your Bio section frequently – this drives traffic to your current promotion, product or service,
• Like, follow, comment on and repost Instagram accounts you like – you will start to notice it being reciprocated,
• Bonus tip: Here are some Instagram features you probably didn’t know about (credit: later.com) – CLICK HERE
Author Bio: Emma originally started in the hospitality industry as a qualified chef and pastry chef. Since those days, Emma has utilised those organisational skills and ventured into the virtual world of administration, having worked in various roles over the past 7 years including sales, event management, personal assistant and operations manager. Emma spends her spare time running her own cake decorating business.
This article featured in the March Edition of Paeds Biz.