Lisa Clark tunes into the podcast to share her business journey as an Occupational Therapist and the Founding Director of Splash Therapy. She explores the first ten years of her business, from how she came up with the name “Splash”, to now her future goals and plans. She gives all Allied Health business owners a great insight into the importance of adaptability and articulating your goals.
Lisa then discusses how she navigated the pandemic, including how she supported her team at the time, and continues to support them. You’ll also hear how she has established and continues to maintain a strong leadership team, and why she thinks it’s important to have a “cool” workplace that includes plenty of perks, just like the corporate world.
Topics covered on the past and future of the business, navigating challenges and supporting the team, and having a strong leadership team:
- Having a business plan and articulating goals, adaptability, and transitioning to being business-facing.
- Thinking on her feet to establish strategies, and reaching out to her team to show care and support.
- Upskilling the team, regular training with external coaches, understanding tension vs. trust, and having a “cool” workplace by offering great perks.
Connect with Lisa
Connect with Nacre Consulting:
- Join the Accelerator Mastermind
- Complete the Allied Health Biz Quiz
- Let’s connect on Instagram
- Follow us on Facebook
- Let’s connect on LinkedIn
- Join our Facebook Group online community
More about The Private Practice Made Perfect Show:
The Private Practice Made Perfect podcast is a much loved conversation for those wanting to hear real life Australian Allied Health business stories, adventures and the occasional confession.
The outstanding guest list includes business owners and wonderful small business supporters such as accountants, marketers, bookkeepers, IT wizards, virtual assistants, lawyers and more.
As you know, it takes a village to run a business. Cathy gathers the tribe, captures the collective wisdom and conveniently delivers it to your earbuds.
All episodes are chatty, honest and practical… warning… we often stray from the topic, talk of wine and laugh loudly.