Founding Director of Speech Ease Speech Pathology and Certified Practising Speech Pathologist, Cheryl Ye, joins the podcast to share her story of becoming an Allied Health business owner, from her challenges, to triumphs, and everything in between.
You’ll hear why Cheryl holds importance in forward planning including what she would have done differently, as well as her thoughts on the value of a strong team culture, learning leadership and coming into her own, and why she encourages all business owners to find a business coach and a mentor.
Topics covered on forward planning, the value of team culture, and learning leadership:
- The importance of planning ahead, how planning helps you envision where you’re going, and what she personally would have done differently.
- Dealing with being situated in Melbourne during the pandemic, and part of fostering a strong team culture while loving where you work.
- Her vision of becoming the best provider and how she incorporated that into her mission statement, how she lifted leadership skills to expand the team, and overcoming stereotypes of “quiet” leaders.
Connect with Cheryl Ye
- Visit Cheryl’s Website
- Follow Cheryl on Instagram (@speecheasesp_melbourne)
- Connect with Cheryl on Facebook
- Connect with Cheryl on LinkedIn
Connect with Nacre Consulting:
- Join the Accelerator Mastermind
- Complete the Allied Health Biz Quiz
- Let’s connect on Instagram
- Follow us on Facebook
- Let’s connect on LinkedIn
- Join our Facebook Group online community
More about The Private Practice Made Perfect Show:
The Private Practice Made Perfect podcast is a much loved conversation for those wanting to hear real life Australian Allied Health business stories, adventures and the occasional confession.
The outstanding guest list includes business owners and wonderful small business supporters such as accountants, marketers, bookkeepers, IT wizards, virtual assistants, lawyers and more.
As you know, it takes a village to run a business. Cathy gathers the tribe, captures the collective wisdom and conveniently delivers it to your earbuds.
All episodes are chatty, honest and practical… warning… we often stray from the topic, talk of wine and laugh loudly.