Spectrum Speech Pathology runs two very busy sites in Melbourne. The large part-time team is clinically mentored and supported, the small number of full timers have balanced week of clinical, admin and business development activities to prevent burn out. Their staff retention is exceptional.
Christine Kendall and Gloria Staios have seen the private practice and disability landscape change significantly during their twenty years as co-founders of Spectrum Speech Pathology. During the chat Christine and Gloria energetically share their business journey, their passion for doing what they do well and their commitment to their staff.
In this episode, we also discuss:
- What Gloria and Christine have learned about recruitment, supporting staff, customer service and team training
- The value of uninterrupted thinking time – I spoke to the dynamic duo while on a four-day business planning retreat
- Tips for how to work with referrers
- The NDIS game Changer and keeping an open mind
- Their roles on the steering committee for the Autism Teaching Institute
- Their regular speaking gigs such as small group mentoring programs, lectures and large workshops
- And so much more, there is something for everyone!