Sara Balmer, Psychologist and Founding Director of Sara Balmer Psychology for Kids, brings her business journey to the podcast, walking us through her growth since 2009 and taking the plunge to go full-time with her own business. She shares her excitement for having new ideas and plans, which means embracing her entrepreneurial side as a business owner.
You’ll then hear Sara talk about several aspects of her business and her business approach, including how she maintains her values, creates a positive local reputation, and focuses on herself as a director. She also shares her insights on never giving up – a great reminder to keep going no matter what happens. As the old Japanese proverb says, “Fall down seven times, stand up eight.”
Topics covered on maintaining values, having a positive reputation, and focusing on the director role:
- Not wanting to be money-driven, doing the best you can do, and embracing your entrepreneurial side.
- Making sure clients feel truly heard when they leave a session, the Annual Parents Forum, the strength of word-of-mouth, and wanting to be the go-to person.
- Knowing when to step back, collaborating in a multidisciplinary way, and focusing on being self-driven.
Connect with Sara
Connect with Nacre Consulting:
- Join the Accelerator Mastermind
- Complete the Allied Health Biz Quiz
- Let’s connect on Instagram
- Follow us on Facebook
- Let’s connect on LinkedIn
- Join our Facebook Group online community
More about The Private Practice Made Perfect Show:
The Private Practice Made Perfect podcast is a much loved conversation for those wanting to hear real life Australian Allied Health business stories, adventures and the occasional confession.
The outstanding guest list includes business owners and wonderful small business supporters such as accountants, marketers, bookkeepers, IT wizards, virtual assistants, lawyers and more.
As you know, it takes a village to run a business. Cathy gathers the tribe, captures the collective wisdom and conveniently delivers it to your earbuds.
All episodes are chatty, honest and practical… warning… we often stray from the topic, talk of wine and laugh loudly.